Forums only or Suite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums only or Suite?

I am hosting an online radio station and currently use BlogSpot as my website. I have a domain name and host but do not know what "software" to use as my site. I have checked many out and vBulletin is one I really like but have a few questions on which license to order. Basically I just want to have the forums and be able to add/edit custom pages. It looks like the forums only license will do this but I am unsure. Please let me know ASAP.

Thank You.

Correct get the Forums only version.

Comment

Thank you very much for the swift response. Will I still be able to use addons I download from this site with the Forums only? Also will there be any limitations on what I want to do if I buy the forums only version? Last question; if I wanted to upgrade would I have to pay in full for the new license?

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Correct get the Forums only version.

Comment

The Forums only version is identical to the Suite version except for the CMS and Blog portion which comes with the Suite.

Comment

So the only difference is the blogs for the members and CMS? (which I still don't get how CMS works)

I am just wanting to make sure it will do what I need, as I have heard great things about vBulletin.

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          The Forums only version is identical to the Suite version except for the CMS and Blog portion which comes with the Suite.

Comment

If you pay for the suit you only get to use the blogs. Well you can use the CMS but my opinion is it is not worthy to be on a website to may issues.
            My statements are based on the forums not the CMS as I do not and will not use it.
            If I wanted faulty software I would code it my self. When I pay I expect to get what is advertised. I do not feel I got what I paid for.
            In an honest opinion I feel I paid for vB 5.0 beta 7

Comment

Just a word of note here. If you feel you will need ticket support.

The Forum Classic license includes 30 days of ticket support. After that 30 days, you'll need to either purchase Phone support at the cost of $60.00 per month or a year of ticket support for $80.00.

The Suite includes Ticket Support for the life of the license whether you use it for one year or ten years. This is at a premium of $10.00 over the cost of the Forum Classic and a year of Ticket Support.

Depending on your skill with HTML and CSS, you might want to take the cost of support into consideration as well. You can disable the CMS and Blogs if you don't want to use them. It will save you the $100 upgrade fee if you decide to use them in the future.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

If you want to "add/edit custom pages" then it sounds like you want the CMS to me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X