X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    With Current versions of vBulletin 5,

External RSS Feeds can be enabled in the Admin CP under Settings -> Options -> External Data Provider. These options are just like the options in vBulletin 3 and 4. The url to access these would be: /external?type=rss2. For this site it would https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/external?type=rss2. Only channels that are viewable by guests can have external feeds. Appropriate third-party code is needed to view these feeds with a user-friendly layout.

Importing RSS Feeds can be managed in the AdminCP under RSS Feeds -> RSS Feed Manager. The options work like they did in vBulletin 3 and 4. Currently RSS Feeds can only be imported into Forum Channels as individual topics.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by GoHighVoltage View Post
    Does Vbulletin 5 allow RSS feed content as threads like VB4? I have several external RSS feeds that I have auto create threads on the forum. Does VB5 allow this as well?
    Yes. You can import RSS Feeds in the AdminCP. Just like in vBulletin 4. In fact, this entire topic is out of date and you can have external feeds as well.

Leave a comment:

• GoHighVoltage
    replied
    Does Vbulletin 5 allow RSS feed content as threads like VB4? I have several external RSS feeds that I have auto create threads on the forum. Does VB5 allow this as well?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Sanchez
    replied
    Hello,

RSS feed of our forum content.

I was able to figure it out. It's URL/external/type=rss2&nodeid=x where x is whatever node I want the feed to return.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Sanchez View Post
    Hello,

I've recently upgraded to VB5 and wondering how to get to the rss feed. Has there been any update on this?

Thanks!
    RSS feed of your forum content or import RSS feed content as threads?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Sanchez
    replied
    Hello,

I've recently upgraded to VB5 and wondering how to get to the rss feed. Has there been any update on this?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• shahzaib85
    replied
    Thank you for the tips. Proper care will save money in long term.

OpeningTimesUK

Last edited by shahzaib85; Fri 16 Oct '15, 1:49am.

Leave a comment:

• Mondy
    commented on 's reply
    Got me well confused for a moment...

• beishe8
    commented on 's reply
    Poor bugger! :-(

Thanks for sending him to hell.

• Dominic
    commented on 's reply
    It's gone now

• beishe8
    replied
    Congrats to spam this site and "other site is also "

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    External RSS feeds are indeed expected in 5.1.0 which will be the next 5.x release.

Leave a comment:

• Zlip
    replied
    Soon to be released (when ready) vBulletin 5.1 will feature many RSS related enhancement. So I think worth wait for a moment.

Leave a comment:

• heredia21
    replied
    Any updates on RSS feeds in vb5?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    We have no date at this time, sorry.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X