X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by Maqboolh View Post
    1. Is it possible to migrate the entire date from SMF to VBulletin without loosing anything...
    vB's importer cannot import the passwords.

Leave a comment:

• rudedog1968
    replied
    1) Don't know the first part
    2) While they can install the software for you (paid installation) they do not do importing from another forum script to theirs
    3) you can only buy vB5 connect (full suite) which grants you a lic to any version of their software. However note that the old versions now fall under the new or current version 5's support contract (you pay extra for phone or ticket support and only get support via their forums)

I would ask over at vB.org if there is anyone who you could contract out to do the import from SMF before purchasing a new vB lic. Once you download vB there are no refunds.

Leave a comment:

• Maqboolh
    started a topic Buying VBulletin and SMF to VB migration

Buying VBulletin and SMF to VB migration

Hi, this is my very first post, hence sorry if it is going in wrong section.

I have few questions and seeking urgent help from you all VBulletin team. As of now i am running a forum which is having about 2000 articles and 5000 post. This domain is live since September 2011. CMS running is SMF 2.0.4. Now i want to move/migrate this entire forum on VBulletin 4.xx if possible (not on VB 5.x). Before i go for the same, i have few questions, please help.

1. Is it possible to migrate the entire date from SMF to VBulletin without loosing anything like User Database, changing thread date/time, etc ? How much will it effect me in Google as the URLs will be changed?
    2. I dont haven't done migration from SMF to VB, hence i want someone from VB team to do the same for me. What will be the charges?
    3. I need just VBulletin Forums license, not the entire suite including Blogs, CMS, Mobile Suite, etc. ONLY FORUMS. How much will it cost and where can i buy it?

Please reply soon. Many Thanks.