Local vs Linked images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local vs Linked images

We have been running vb4 since its launch and have been pretty happy with it. Looking to upgrade to a new platform now and exploring the options with an interest in the handling of photos (we are a photography forum)

have just been playing with vb5 and I really like the way that it handles local photos.

The question is, as all of my users are photographers and already store images online (flickr, 500px etc) is there a way for images that are linked into posts from the external image hosting sites to be handled in the same way that vb5 handles locally uploaded images. ie, appear under the "photos" menu

Since you own a vB4 license, I would ask in the Licensed Customer Feedback forum and get feedback from other customers.

Comment

can this thread be moved to save me posting the same thing again?

Comment

AFAIK, externally linked photos in posts don't appear in Photos tab. You have to create a feature request in JIRA.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

No, external images cannot show up as photo albums without custom coding. Since you don't yet own VB5 this is a valid forum to ask your question.

Comment