This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Upgrade from PHPBB3

I have read through the system requirements and licencing agreement information that is posted here. I'm trying to find out what people do when tasked with an upgrade of an existing system to vBulletin when the licensing agreement makes it clear that only a single instance of the software may be in use. What methods do you use to set up a test environment to test the upgrades and change implementations prior to going live? I could not find any information regarding setting up a separate test environment with a single licence in this context.

Hi

The license covers it like this:

1.7 Test Copy. You may make one (1) additional temporary test copy for the purpose of testing code, template and database modifications. Such a test copy must not be made available to the general public at any time.

In practice this involves installing the test environment on a live server, but in the folder /testvb and protected by an .htaccess username ad password.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X