Impex before buying cms version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex before buying cms version

Hello, since I'm going to transfer my phpbb3 huge community (hundreds of thousands of posts and gigas of attachments) to the new vbulletin cms system, I'd like to try, in addition to the 1 day test, also the Impex system.
    I cannot risk to loose any data, but passwords, while importing everything.

Is there also an italian translation for the latest version of the system?
    Tnx in advance

you can't import anything into the vb cms that I know of..

sorry
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

But I just have to import the phpbb data into the forum of the cms, why is this not possible?

Comment

You won't be importing into the CMS, you'll be importing it into the forum.

Comment

That's what I'm going to do...
          Is it possible to try the tool to export the data before buying?

Comment

I don't think you can try the tool. I'm sure you have to buy a vB license. Then you can use and access IMPEX.

Comment

Here's the IT language pack for v4.1.5 https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...Bulletin-4.1.5

Latest vB is 4.1.6 but the language pack will work just fine.

Comment

you should try asking a trial version of both programs.
                Besides, unless you're also taking the mobile version, you're going to give him € 230 so it can also be asking that in private you release a test version of vBulletin that Impex is to trylocally!
                To import data from phpbb know you can do, however ... I saw the item in the import system.
                Regarding the languages ​​that you can feel more comfortable! I have never had such problems!

ps: if you go talk in private ... are also Italian, and I'll be happy to resolve any doubts
                Vote my Future Request! Divide Paid Subscriction by Category

Comment

I'm not quite sure i got everything, but thanks for all the answers!
                  I still don't know how can I try to see if the import works... It's the core system and I can not buy a new license if I'm not completely sure I can export everything of my phpbb...

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo Ortolan View Post
                    But I just have to import the phpbb data into the forum of the cms, why is this not possible?
                    You can import phpbb data into a vBulletin forum
                    there are also language packs on the forums like CvP mentioned.

Should answer all your questions
                    -- Web Developer for hire
                    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Tnx,
                      other two questions...

1)I remember when several years i imported data from the database and all the special caracters like italian accents and others were not imported correctly, displaying something like è and ò and so on...
                      How to avoid this?

2) Hard coded internal links.
                      I have a lot of posts with guides, tutorials etc that links each others and within the same page on different anchor... are they handled?
                      Or is there any logic to change all these hard-coded links at once? Even with modify-all of block-notes or a bash script or a sql query... I just need the logic of it.... if they are not handled.

Comment

No one knows about these two things?

Comment

I do not know about #1.

For #2, you will need to fix it manually using SQL queries.

Comment

Thanks, but I did not find any logic between the old link and the actual post in the new forum, what kind of queries are you talking about?

Comment

This very much depends upon how your links are.
                              the general idea is that you run a sql query on ALL posts, and replace http://yoursite.com/oldforum/whatever.php?id=xyz to http://yoursite.com/newforum/respect...pective_id=xyz and so on.

You will need good sql knowledge and have to understand url structure of old forum and new forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X