thinking of upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of upgrading

I currently run vb3.6.4 with vbadvanced and photopost gallery added on. I have been thinking of upgrading to the vb4 suite. What can I expect? Would I be better off keeping the vbadvanced and just uprgrading the forum, or will it be worth it to go with the suite with the cms. I have a decent amount of mods, what features are added into vb4 that migth eliminate some of these add-ons.

Here is my site for a reference: www.fordtruckfanatics.com

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
    www.fordtruckfanatics.com

I wouldn't upgrade to 4, I would upgrade to the latest 3.x build
    either way you should setup a test install first to see what will break with the upgrade
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
      I wouldn't upgrade to 4, I would upgrade to the latest 3.x build
      either way you should setup a test install first to see what will break with the upgrade
      any particular reason behind that?
      www.fordtruckfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by slehmann View Post
        any particular reason behind that?
        http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...equestId=10329
        Or read the licensed customer feedback forums. More than half of the threads are sharp criticism from customers.
        I buy 420 forums

Comment

I would honestly advise you that you should take the time to upgrade to 3.8.7 for security reasons, at least.
          I would then tell you to make a test site with your current board and test an upgrade to vB4, see if you like what it offers, and make your own choice.

Comment

pretty much what everybody else is saying. you might as well try it out first before committing too much to something you just aren't sure of.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys,,

this topic helped me a lot, and make me know what should I do..
              Last edited by mikea77; Mon 17th Oct '11, 11:55am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X