This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETA of CMS?

Just wondering how much longer until we can get 5.0 with the CMS integration...this year, early next year?
    Learn How To Reason

Sorry but we do not have an estimate at this time.

Comment

• OhioDave
      OhioDave commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there at least an Internal date or goal for the cms? I know it won't be released yo cystomers buy is it currently being developed at all??

We don't have any news to share at this time about the return of the article management portion of the CMS. When we do, they'll be an announcement. Stuff is being worked on, that is probably all I'm allowed to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      We don't have any news to share at this time about the return of the article management portion of the CMS.
      That's a rather scary statement. The VB4 CMS was more than just an article repository, it was a platform to design and build custom content (albeit poorly designed and implemented, so many people didn't use it to its full potential). Will the VB5 CMS really just be an article repository?

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eddie View Post
        Will the VB5 CMS really just be an article repository?
        Surely, it has to be more than what it was. This is an upgrade remember.

Things can only get better.

Comment

Hey DemOnstar and/or Zachery, will there be any beta releases of the CMS for testing before an actual release to rule out unhappy people

Comment

Originally posted by pwhitehead View Post
            Hey DemOnstar and/or Zachery
            Please address your response (on this one) to the support team, they know far far more about this than I do.

Got to admire your enthusiasm.............................+ 1

Comment

• DemOnstar
              DemOnstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Got my signature back! For some time it was taken away from me.........................

Originally posted by DemOnstar View Post
            Hey DemOnstar and/or Zachery
            Please address your response (on this one) to the support team, they know far far more about this than I do.

Got to admire your enthusiasm.............................+ 1
            Vbulletin is like the lottery, you gotta be in it to win it. I lost out on following the development of vb3 and vb4 from pure laziness and not caring.. This has resulted in not having as much knowledge like some others. Figured if i follow the developers and listen to problems, plus try and help others it will pay off in the learning process.. Now that i'm older and spent money that i consider a lot now, i care more..

Comment

The main loss in transition from vb4 to vb5 regarding the cms is its article system. Most of the rest of the function are available now in vb5. The site builder replicates most of the old vb4 functions.

Comment

Maybe we all can hold an online petition or someone can create it http://www.change.org/petition to push vbulletin and IB so we can have CMS to be build faster.
                Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.1 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

The main loss in transition from vb4 to vb5 regarding the cms is its article system. Most of the rest of the function are available now in vb5. The site builder replicates most of the old vb4 functions.
                  Currently, the main loss in functionality between vb4 and vb5 is the system for displaying various content types that aren't determined until runtime. Is that coming back, or will vb5 simply display "articles"?

Comment

This has resulted in not having as much knowledge like some others. Figured if i follow the developers and listen to problems, plus try and help others it will pay off in the learning process.
                    Well said..........
                    I am of the same mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eddie View Post
                      Currently, the main loss in functionality between vb4 and vb5 is the system for displaying various content types that aren't determined until runtime. Is that coming back, or will vb5 simply display "articles"?
                      Sorry, not following you here.

Comment

Working on CMS now. Engines started, taxiing to the hold short for take-off.

If you'd like to be involved, PM me about being on the Alpha/Beta team. But don't wait too long.

Also, please log JIRAs for CMS features you'd like - and vote on the ones you agree with. Thank you.

Comment

I'd be happy with some of the basic functions to at least be working, let alone the cms..
                          -- Web Developer for hire
                          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment