Finally gonna buy vBulletin, few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally gonna buy vBulletin, few questions

I've been wanting to start a vBulletin forum for a while and I just now finally have the time and money to dedicate towards it. I noticed they don't sell the vBulletin forum separately anymore and you can only buy vBulletin connect. If I buy vBulletin connect can I just have the forum portion of it running and not have a main site? I want the web site I'm going to build to start out as just a forum and then maybe somewhere down the line develop a main site.

Yes, you are able to install vBulletin to a different directory to achieve this. For example http://your-site.com/forums may contain your vBulletin installation while http://your-site.com/ could contain your main site.
    Aakif Nazir

Comment

Ok thank you. One more question. I really like the look of the old vBulletin, the one that's in use at vBulletin.org Would I be able to use that version of vBulletin? Or would I be able to make vBulletin connect look like that version?

Comment

Originally posted by SaBaller View Post
        I want the web site I'm going to build to start out as just a forum and then maybe somewhere down the line develop a main site.
        Hello, that is exactly what vBulletin 5 is, it is a forum software with a few extras and as you develop, vBulletin 5 develops with you.

Comment

Originally posted by SaBaller View Post
          Ok thank you. One more question. I really like the look of the old vBulletin, the one that's in use at vBulletin.org Would I be able to use that version of vBulletin? Or would I be able to make vBulletin connect look like that version?
          That is vBulletin 3.x and yes you would be able to install that version if you wish, but I personally would recommend nothing below VB 4.2.1 at this point.

Comment

Vbulletin 3.8.x is the best way to go but there's better out there!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X