Upgrading/Expanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading/Expanding

I guess this is technically a pre-sales question, so I'll post it here to be on the safe side.

Do you still give access to 3.x versions of vBulletin when you buy, say, the "Forum Only + Mobile" ($379) package? I'll be developing skins for 3.x and 4.x, and will need both for one domain. I have an existing 3.x license that I'm debating upgrading and re-purposing while I try and figure the cheapest way to get the full suite, mobile and a 3.x version of the forums.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Digital Jedi View Post
    Do you still give access to 3.x versions of vBulletin when you buy, say, the "Forum Only + Mobile" ($379) package?
    Yes.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      Yes.
      Ah, tersiness...wait, that's not a word. Well, you get the idea.

Thanks. Since I am trying to go the most affordable route, the rules are still two licences per installation (an instance of a 3.x and an instance of a 4.x), even if both (somehow) share a database and are on the same domain, correct? I don't even remember if you can get 3 and 4 to share the same account related tables, but that was essentially what I was going for.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Jedi View Post
        Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
        Yes.
        Ah, tersiness...wait, that's not a word. Well, you get the idea.

Thanks. Since I am trying to go the most affordable route, the rules are still two licences per installation (an instance of a 3.x and an instance of a 4.x), even if both (somehow) share a database and are on the same domain, correct? I don't even remember if you can get 3 and 4 to share the same account related tables, but that was essentially what I was going for.
        No a license only allows 1 installation and a test installation but test has to be in a password protected directory not accessible by the public.. So can install v3 or v4 not both if want both need two licenses..
        ------------------------------------------
        Steve
        DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
          No a license only allows 1 installation and a test installation but test has to be in a password protected directory not accessible by the public.. So can install v3 or v4 not both if want both need two licenses..
          Right, that's what I was saying. Just making sure there wasn't any way to reduce my costs. Thanks.
          sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X