Multi-domain license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-domain license

Does vB 5 support multi-domain license? What I mean is one database should aggregate posts/members/etc from multiple domains with individual templates/branding/cron jobs/notifications/feeds/etc. Either all domains could share the same data or data could be identified by individual domain_id but stored in the same dB. The license fee should be less than individual license - the first license would cost the same as an individual license and the add on domains cost a fraction of it.

There has never been such a thing as a multidomain license, and at this time I don't forsee one happening anytime soon. There are bulk discounts for multiple licenses.
    There is no way to store multiple sites logins/data within a main site either, at this time.

Comment

Isn't it just a matter of identifying each row with domain_id to store data for multiple domains in the dB for the main site? Administration becomes easy if all data is in one place and only one (overwhelming) admin panel to log into - it is just a matrix - select a domain from the dropdown and administer/set templates/etc or see data for all domains. For a domain, it doesn't matter which dB the data is coming from - the dB can be on the same server or a different server in another country. I'm sure vB will sell more shared licenses than individual licenses if they come up with the multi-domain feature. I can buy 5 licenses right away.

Comment

Its just not something that's ever been done with the system, or that it has been intended to do. You could build the system to do that, but it'd require custom coding, and its not just as easy as flipping a switch someone.

I tried doing this early in vB3's life, and I got a moderate amount of things working. It starts to get complicated with phrases and specific vars that are normally unique to an installation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X