Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before purchasing; questions...

Hello everyone,

I'm very interested in purchasing a license (owned) for the vBulletin, but for the version 3.8.7 branch, or atleast the 3.8.X branch itself. Is there any where I could do this, without scrounging the internet for it, and possibly running into fraudulent cases? I'd prefer to buy a license for the 3.8.X versions, because they're load times are quicker, they are quicker on loading the pages and etc... However, if it's not possible to get a legitimate license for the 3.8.X versions, and I'm basically forced to get a 4.0 license.. I'll do that. Although, I'd rather not. I like the functionality of the 3.8.X versions, they're quicker to load, run, modify, and etc. I guess I'm asking, if it's not possible to buy a legit license for the 3.8.X versions on here, is there anyone willing to sell theirs? And, what's the current status, and what does that mean for me, if / after I buy it.. I really want a license for the previous versions, as they run / load quicker than the 4.0 version... Thanks.

spencer

You have to purchase a vBulletin 4 license. You can download vBulletin 3.x.

Comment

Oh okay, that's good. Thank you for your quick response. Another question; do you guys take paypal? I don't have any other way to do it currently.. Also, as a helpful tip/suggestion to other folks using the Impex system, since I can't post in that forum now... When your posts / threads are imported, just make sure to have the settings set to display all posts in the forums from the beginning. Sometimes guys/gals think after the import is completed, and do update counters.. it should show everything. But it's not necessarily the case.. You have to enable the forums to allow all posts to show all from the beginning. Threads/posts imported, are some how marked older than thirty days time frame. After the import is done, go into a forum, and go to the bottom of page, and select in drop box.. from the "beginning". it will show all the posts in the forum. so instead of thinking the import failed, it didn't. you just have to tweak a little bit to show them all. they are there. to help keep down on the "i've imported my stuff, it shows the stuff is there, but not showing it really" type posts... Do this: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...Beginning-quot

Plus the last post... it works... I kept redoing my importing over and over and over again, trying to make it work. And here it did from the beginning. I figured it out after a while... Just sharing my helpful tips/suggestions. This of course, is/was done on localhost on my desktop (using xampp), not live. I just wanted to get the live phpBB3 stuff converted to vBulletin (nulled) to test and get ready for when I purchased a licensed copy of vBulletin.. lol.
      Last edited by spencerp; Sat 3rd Sep '11, 3:07pm.

Comment

Yes we do. After you've purchased you can get further help with impex

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Zack!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X