Before I purchase VBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I purchase VBulletin

I have a few questions. For starters I currently have a phpbb forum located on my website. It's located at http://vinylmationkingdom.com/forum If I want the vbulletin forum to be in the same location, what do I need to do? (I'm also considering paying VB to do the installation since I wouldn't say I have any expertise in something like this). Also, if I want to import all my users/forums/theads, etc from phpbb how do I do this after the installation?

On a much less serious issue, I'm playing around with the demo forum and I have a question. What do you call the bar that has "home, forum, blogs, what's new? tracker, purchase" on it? I want to changed the colors of that bar on my forums but I'm curious as to where to make that change.

Thanks for the questions and I appreciate your help.

If you want vBulletin installed in the forum directory, then you would need to rename your existing directory or remove the phpBB Files before installation.

You can use our impex tool to import your phpBB3 forum into vBulletin. You can read up about it here: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

The bar in question is called the navbar. The HTML is controlled by the navbar template under Styles & Templates -> Style Manager. The colors are controlled by Style Variables or stylevars.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      If you want vBulletin installed in the forum directory, then you would need to rename your existing directory or remove the phpBB Files before installation.

You can use our impex tool to import your phpBB3 forum into vBulletin. You can read up about it here: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

The bar in question is called the navbar. The HTML is controlled by the navbar template under Styles & Templates -> Style Manager. The colors are controlled by Style Variables or stylevars.

Thank you Wayne. I appreciate it!

Comment

After you purchase:

- Setup a "test site" i.e. a perfect clone of your phpBB forums.
        - Setup a testvb folder on your server and upload a copy of vBulletin, install then follow the directions within the impex documentation.

*This means your live site is untouched and remains on while you impex from a cloned database. Now your free to make changes and style the vB4 version of your vinylmation and export it all before you make it official . Edit: Ohh and btw now that you did a testvb it serves as a staging site or as the name implies test site for you to test modifications, plugins, styles etc before pushing them to your live site .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X