Php, Php3 & Php4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Php, Php3 & Php4

My host runs both php 3 and php 4, the problem is that the extension for the files dictates which version it uses, ie. index.php3 uses version 3 and index.php4 uses version 4.

I have purchased vBulletin and I am at present using the PHP3 extensions. What I would like to know is, would it be better to use php4 and if so do you have the new version with .php4 extensions.

As far as I know the .php ext. is php4 on most apache boxes by default.. maybe ask your system administrator?

Comment

We do not offer a version with .php4 extensions for the simple reason that very few hosts require this and it takes quite a bit of work to change the .php version into .php4 (it's not just changing the names of the files).

You might ask your host if there is any particular reason they don't allow .php to be parsed as PHP4 scripts.

Comment

I have now spoken to the host and they have changed my account to allow all php3, php and php4 to be parsed as php4 on my account.

Thanks for the input

Comment

Originally posted by colinjh
          I have now spoken to the host and they have changed my account to allow all php3, php and php4 to be parsed as php4 on my account.

Thanks for the input
          Sounds like they are willing to help their customers! Great isp

Nice of them to change it, enjoy vbulletin and no problem with the help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X