XMB vs. vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMB vs. vBulletin

I started to create a forum in XMB. Reason being it was available through my host... so I didn't have to worry about installing it. I don't know PHP or mySQL, so I liked not having to do anything.

BUT. After working on setting it up (http://www.aldabdesigning.com/forum/), I am wondering if I should just start out with vBulletin because I would want to use it at some point after I have learned more about PHP and how to modify the databases and stuff.

So, what would you say to a newbie? Is vBulletin intuitive enough for a quick learner to pick up?

TIA!

vBulletin's real easy. Plus there's a big hack community ( http://www.vbulletin.org/ ) and there's support here if you don't hack your board.

Comment

I don't think asking which forum is better Here is a good idea.
      You better ask VS stuff on other public board. It's VB support forum. Most people will praise VB. Don't you think?

Comment

Of course VB will be praised here. I should have titled my post differently. What I'm really after is knowing how dummy proof vBulletin is.

Comment

Originally posted by alda.b
          Of course VB will be praised here. I should have titled my post differently. What I'm really after is knowing how dummy proof vBulletin is.

Hi

I am walking the same path as you..
          .. last year I used a skeleton from a free forum that was written in php and backed up by mysql. I did rewrite like 85% of the source and cleaned up functions etc, just to learn php/mysql (still trying to master it).. now I am into boards and finally found a nice budget to purchase vbulletin, and so I did!

Purchased: Downloaded: Unpacked & Uploaded: Run install.php and oh.. already done ! The support is superb.. I could ask the most stupid question, and they still try to awnser it !

I am using it with success, so yeah, its dummy proof.

Comment

*bows before his copy of vB*

Comment

What can i say. vBulletin is dead easy. Even for a dummy like me..I got my forum up in 30 mins..Thats how easy it is..Also you can not go wrong with the help you get on this forum

khnglh

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X