Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Perhaps the issue is you are asking some confusing questions.

You want to copy a site almost exactly...

Question 1) Do you know if it even uses vBulletin? If so what version, there are major differences between VB 3.x and VB 4.x. The version number is usually (but not always) in the footer near the bottom of the page.

Question 2) Are you buying this forum? If so you can just transfer the files and keep the exact look. If you aren't buying this forum I suspect many people aren't in a rush to tell you how to "rip off" another forum, for all we know it might be one of our forums you're trying to duplicate. In the hands of a decent designer vBulletin can be made to look like almost anything, so yes it's very probably you could copy another forum very closely, if you have the design skills or willing to hire someone with them.

Given just the information you provided there's no way we could promise anything. A link to the forum you're trying to copy would help- after your most recent post it sounds like you're not even sure it's running vBulletin.

If they hid their version number there is no way to tell for sure... Most people here could spot a 3.x vs 4.x forum though... specific minor versions are much more difficult to spot. If it has an editor for posts that looks exactly like what we have here then it's version 4.1.4 or above (recent). If it is VB 4.x but has a different editor it could be any version from 4.0 to 4.1.3. It would take a real expert to possibly spot any subtle differences in the source code to confirm which exact version.

Leave a comment:

• Jester1423
    replied
    I guess my question is how do I find out what the exact software is when I am looking at the site I want to build mine to resemble is. I want the forum and the landing page to all be the same. So I want to make sure I buy the right program with the right abilities.

I sure hope someone that works here will answer soon.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by Jester1423 View Post
    My question is I would like to copy another vbulletin site almost exactly. I mean I will want to change colors and the content but I am building this site to make it an easy switch from another site and i don't want the users to feel like they don't know the layout. I want them to feel at home and be very familiar with the site.

How can I ensure that I am basically buying a carbon copy with mobile and everything?
    What do I have to do to get some help? Please someone explain what I am NOT doing right?
    Hmmm...It willl be the same but different...

Leave a comment:

• Jester1423
    replied
    What do I have to do to get some help? Please someone explain what I am NOT doing right?

If I have to ask a certain way or if this question is not in the right area please re direct me.

I am a vbulletin customer and can't seem to get an answer.

Leave a comment:

• Jester1423
    started a topic Thinking about buying another license

Thinking about buying another license

I am considering launching a new site and if so I will want to buy a new license. My question is I would like to copy another vbulletin site almost exactly. I mean I will want to change colors and the content but I am building this site to make it an easy switch from another site and i don't want the users to feel like they don't know the layout. I want them to feel at home and be very familiar with the site.

How can I ensure that I am basically buying a carbon copy with mobile and everything?

Thank you in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X