Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to use a 3.6 SQL backup for a new VB5 installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to use a 3.6 SQL backup for a new VB5 installation?

I currently had 3.6 (site was hacked) and I have a backup off the SQL database of all my members, posts, etc. Is it possible for me to use this same SQL backup and import all of the data in to a new VB5 install? I dont want to lose my members, posts, etc.

Thanks

You'd restore the backup, upgrade to vBulletin 4.2, then upgrade.

You can not just import it into an already existing installation. You can upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      You'd restore the backup, upgrade to vBulletin 4.2, then upgrade. You can not just import it into an already existing installation. You can upgrade.
      Ok thank you, just wanted to make sure it was a possibility before I made the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        You'd restore the backup, upgrade to vBulletin 4.2, then upgrade. You can not just import it into an already existing installation. You can upgrade.
        I should state. I currently dont have an existing vBulletin running. I do have the files (php, js, css, etc) for 3.6. Is is possible to reinstate my vBulletin by just re-uploading the files to my server? I feel like im missing something here. Thanks.

Comment

You may download the files for your version and point the config.php file to the existing database. If you aren't sure exactly what version of 3.6 your were running, be sure to run the upgrade.php script after uploading the files.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment