Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know before purchase

Hi there,

I am seriously considering buying vBulletin, but before i do there are a couple of questions that i need to know... if anyone could answer them for me, it would be greatly appreciated

1- Is the hompage fully customisable. - i want to be able to add foreign html codes and make it look like my own site. I am currently using freewebs, which i am really disliking, but there are a few things that i would like to keep on the homepage. If you go to www.tasskypatrol.com and have a look at the homepage i have a thing called, the radar and at the bottom famous tasmanian ufo reports (which is an interactive map), will those be easy to utilise with vBulletin?
    2- Can you add adsense - my site is generating revenue, and i would like to know if adsense can be added to your vbulletin.
    3- How long does a license last? it says a new license costs X amount of dollars and then an upgrade, once you purchase that license, when does it expire? or it is permanent and you only upgrade one a new version comes out?
    4- Transferring current domain - can i transfer free webs domain easily and use it with my newly created vbulletin site?
    5- is it easy to use? - or do you need to be a PRO at coding and everything
    Sorry if i seem like a bit of an idiot. i'm just looking into several forum sites, and this is the one that interests me.

1. Yes. You can create various widgets with your own HTML/PHP code to display. You can also change the layout to something you wish to have.

2. Yes, we actually have a built-in Adsense integration - or you can simply add the code via our Ad Manager.

3. There is no expiry on vB4 licenses. Once you purchase a license, you have the right to download all future versions of vB4 and run it for life.

4. You will need to speak to freewebs about that, that's not a vBulletin issue

5. Nope, you don't need to be an expert coder - unless you wish to make radical changes to it! We have a live demo of vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite, including full access to the admin control panel. You can set one up for your own use from this page (The demo is active for 24 hours. If you feel you need more time, send an email to [email protected] with the DemoID and ask for an extension.):

https://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Working...
    X