Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Migration & Subdomain Forums...

Hi VB people,

I am an "advanced-ish" vbulletin administrator and I have a new forum idea I am thinking about starting.

2 rather advanced things I would need in order to do this project, so I wanted to see if its possible with plugins/addons or even out of the box with newest VB:

1. I have an existing forum with 10k members. I want the members from this forum to be able to, with their permission of course (ie. a nice diologue), copy their profile from the old site to the new site. This could either be done by push or pull (ie. send out an email with this, or let them do it on their own if they click a banner/button/link to the new forum).

2. I would like to have the feeling of "seperate forums" via subdomains. For example: lets say the forum license is for www.cars.com. I would like to have a subdomain such as bmw.cars.com with its own look and feel, its own forum structure and then of course a link to the main site. The theme might be totally different here, but all members would be able to also visit volvo.cars.com and post there as well with their 1 login. How can I achieve this? Can I do it out of the box, or with plugins/addons?

Thanks!
    Gaming Forums: Necrotalk.com | TorBoard.com NEW!

1. There's no way to do this and, as far as I know, no plugin to do this either. The only way I can think of is to import users via Impex however this will do this for all users.

2. You can create various styles and have a particular style assigned to a particular forum via the Forum Manager. Then simply point the sub-domain to the relevant forum. You may wish to use rewrite rules so that when someone clicks on that forum from the Forum homepage, they are taken (visually) to the Sub Domain.

The license agreement only allows for a single installation of the software so there's no other way to do this without multiple licenses.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X