Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly is included with the Mobile add-on module available for $199?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is included with the Mobile add-on module available for $199?

I'm a current vBulletin CMS 4 customer and have been a long-time supporter.
    I'm trying to understand exactly what I can expect when purchasing the vBulletin Mobile application for $199.

Can someone from vBulletin please be specific in explaining what would happen once one pays the add-on fee of $199?
    For example, is there an XCODE project to download, or do you guys compile the binary app and submit to iTunes?

I want to be sure that I'm able to submit the app for approval under my account with Apple while maintaining little or no effort on the development side.

For $199, as a vBulletin 4 customer you will unlock the "mobile publisher" service. You will be able to customize and build 2 applications, Android and iTunes. The iTunes app will need to be re-signed using a Mac and following a few very detailed instructions. Once this is complete you will be able to upload your iPhone app. Android can be uploaded right away. If you do not have an app - a few members on this board have been offering full services to help with the iTunes submissions. Please note that there are separate fees associated with the iTunes and Andoid Marketplace accounts.
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

You get two branded applications, which can be customized to a degree for 199 dollars.

You're provided (after customizing) an android apk (ready to go), and an ios app that needs to be signed by you and compiled by you in xcode to submit to the store.

We do not normally submit anything on your behalf.

Comment

are there any samples of apps live in the iTunes store that anyone can share that use the vBulletin Mobile capabilities?
        I want to visualize what this looks like to the end user.

Comment

Download the 'vBulletin' app to see for yourself.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            Download the 'vBulletin' app to see for yourself.
            I have the vBulletin app. I'm more interested to see how the app looks for a community branded differently.
            I'm curious to see how tweakable the UI is.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X