Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From vb 3 --> vb 4, has spam protection gotten any better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paprika
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    You have a VB 3.x license that was good for 1 year of updates. A few early versions of VB4 came out before your 1 year expired therefore you have access to those early versions. However the early versions of VB4 had a lot of bugs and you should definitely not upgrade to VB4 unless you intend to upgrade your license so you can use VB 4.2.0.
    Good to know. Thank you for that clarification!

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    You have a VB 3.x license that was good for 1 year of updates. A few early versions of VB4 came out before your 1 year expired therefore you have access to those early versions.

However the early versions of VB4 had a lot of bugs and you should definitely not upgrade to VB4 unless you intend to upgrade your license so you can use VB 4.2.0.

Leave a comment:

• Digital Jedi
    replied
    For anti-spam measures, never rely on the default functionality. Stopping spam requires quite a few tools to effectively combat, some being a combination of registration restrictions and server-side security. So while vB4 does have newer built in anti-spam measures, you'll find that alone won't eliminate your problem.

Leave a comment:

• From vb 3 --> vb 4, has spam protection gotten any better?

Hi there,

I currently own a license for vB 3.7.
    I logged into the Members section today and noticed that will allow me to download vB 4.
    Why is that?

Also, I have a big problem with spam bots registering on my forum.
    Does vB 4 have any anti-spam features that will eliminate this problem?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X