Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration for clients?

Hello,

My name is Peter M Dodge and I am the sole proprietor of an Ottawa-based company that offers computer, and computer-related services to consumers and small business.

I am wondering if I buy a license on behalf of a client who has internet hosting through me, would it be transferrable to them if they later decide to get hosting from another source? I assume if it it is there would be a fee? I do not mind there being a fee for this service if it is possible; I have a firm commitment to customer service and I want to make sure that my customer is happy even if I have to sever a business relationship.

Cheers,
    Peter M Dodge
    Viridian Tower Electronics

Alternatively is it possible to bill it to me, but "ship" it to the client?

Cheers,
    Peter M Dodge
    Viridian Tower Electronics

Comment

You can transfer a license 90 days after the purchase. The only way it can be 'shipped' to someone is if you used their name and email address on the purchase. Then the account info would go to them.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        You can transfer a license 90 days after the purchase. The only way it can be 'shipped' to someone is if you used their name and email address on the purchase. Then the account info would go to them.
        Thank you for your timely response Steve.

Could you please clarify for me: does that mean I would have to wait 90 days to be able to transfer the license to another party, or does it mean that I have 90 days from the date of purchase to do so?

My thanks for your time.

Cheers,
        Peter M Dodge

Comment

The license will be eligible for transfer 90 days after the purchase.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you.

One final question admittedly a little off the original topic but for the same client: this client has a phpBB forum currently but wants to upgrade to vB, is there a conversion script available?

Cheers,
            Peter M Dodge

Comment

Yes we have an import scripts for phpBB. You can read about them here:

phpBB2:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpbb2

phpBB3:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpbb3

Please note that since phpBB3 passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That's fine as long as we do not lose the majority of the forum data. Steve your prompt and helpful response was much appreciated. As soon as I receive payment from the client, you'll have yourself a sale

Cheers,
                Peter M Dodge

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X