Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading

I have a couple questions to ask within this thread:

My community is currently running vBulletin 3.6.8 patch 2. The community member that first enrolled/controlled everything is now inactive and will probably not be returning.

If we should decide to upgrade our vBulletin to the newest version, will all our data be lost or will everything (user info, posts, etc) be transferable to 4.0?

Also, will we be able to select a different 'handler' to access the control panel?

I believe he placed someone else as the official owner to vBulletin, but the now-inactive user was the person who truly controlled the forums.

I tried looking up the answers to the above questions, but with so much information available I became overloaded and confused. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's assistance.

Thanks for your time,
    Philandra

Assuming you have access to the server and hosting where this is located and that you purchase your own license, you will be able to upgrade and retain your existing data.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X