Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some question about vBulletin 4.x Publishing Suite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some question about vBulletin 4.x Publishing Suite.

Hi,

I want to purchase vBulletin 4.x Publishing Suite.
    I am looking for following features

In Forum-

1) Remove date of birth requirement from registration.
    2) I have 200 userids (no password) and email. I want to register those 200 users(some kind of bulk import facility)
    and want vbulletin to automatically generate&send password to those email. is it possible ?
    3) there will be some public section in forum where user can view the previous questions and answers without registration
    however if some one create a new thread/post comment it will go to moderator before approval.I think it is already done , isn't it?
    4)remove attachment feature from all sections/categories except one.

In Blog-

1) There will be 15 blog writers and I want to show their pictures&brief profile in cms front page. and if some one click on the name/picture it will
    take them to his/her blog.
    2)In blog , one can register their name without email verification&DOB requirement, however registration will require blog writer's approval.
    For example if Clinton has a blog and Tony want to comment - Tony need to register (without email verification&dob) to comment on Clinton's blog.
    Once approved by Clinton he can comment to other blog if he want to.

**Also is there any calendar feature where I can publish the events and special days and show it in front page?

** Does it have any issue with Suhosin Patch 0.9.9.1 and mod security ?
    My environment

Mysql 5.1.41
    PHP Version 5.3.2-1
    Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
    Last edited by khoga; Wed 20 Jul '11, 7:48pm.

Forum:

1. Yes, you can remove the requirement via an AdminCP setting
    2. No, this isn't possible - you can import users but you need to at least import a default password
    3. You can set individual forums to require moderation before the post is made public, yes. Or set a usergroup to require moderation and allow user to promoted out of it after so many posts
    4. Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code. The attachment feature is either globally on or off

Blog:
    1. You would need to create a custom page for this - you can do this by creating a 'Static Page' article type in the CMS
    2. The registration is for the full Suite, you can't have registration for one area only. You can allow guests to post in the Blogs without registration by setting the appropriate permissions for the 'Unregistered/Not Logged In' usergroup

Calendar - yes.

Some settings within Suhosin and mod_security may cause issues. Your server PHP and MySQL versions should be fine.

We have a live demo of vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite, including full access to the admin control panel. You can set one up for your own use from this page (The demo is active for 24 hours. If you feel you need more time, send an email to [email protected] with the DemoID and ask for an extension.):

https://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks for reply.
      "Some settings within Suhosin and mod_security may cause issues."

Can you give details which settings cause issues ?

Also, I want to change the "referrer" option to "registration no" . Is it possible ?
      Do I need to modify the code ?
      Last edited by khoga; Mon 25 Jul '11, 6:45pm.

Comment

Blank pages, inability to change settings or edit templates, functions not working, server errors, etc.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

you demo does not let you login to it still broken

Comment

"Blank pages, inability to change settings or edit templates, functions not working, server errors, etc. "
            Are there solutions to fix the issues ? If I buy the latest suit will it solve the issues ?
            Will I get free support to fix the problems ?

Comment

Originally posted by khoga View Post
              "Blank pages, inability to change settings or edit templates, functions not working, server errors, etc. "
              Are there solutions to fix the issues ? If I buy the latest suit will it solve the issues ?
              Will I get free support to fix the problems ?
              Do you mean you are using vB illegally now and are concerned about 'free' support?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What ?! Have you read my question ? How do you get hint "illegal" ? I clearly mentioned "if I buy "
                Also ,I highlighted "Blank pages ..." part !.
                My concern is as I am using third party security software -Suhosin & mod_security , if there is a problem because of them will
                you support(free) to fix the issues? Hope it is clear!

Comment

Originally posted by khoga View Post
                  What ?! Have you read my question ? How do you get hint "illegal" ? I clearly mentioned "if I buy "
                  Also ,I highlighted "Blank pages ..." part !.
                  My concern is as I am using third party security software -Suhosin & mod_security , if there is a problem because of them will
                  you support(free) to fix the issues? Hope it is clear!
                  My apologies. I read your question wrong.

If you have problems with vB using mod_security and suhosin, then you will need to resolve those problems on the server end. We will not be able to change vB to overcome those issues.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X