possibly about groups feature, not really sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possibly about groups feature, not really sure

I'm looking for some sort of membership/profile/social software that can do the following:

1. Initially present new users with a sort of poll or profile page with a few questions they'd need to answer. Also, ability to upload a photo into that profile.
    2. Place users in separate groups according to the answers to those questions.
    3. Give them access to some sort of area with the other profiles of the other users in their group, let them view those profiles. They would also have some way of contacting the other users in that group.

I'm sorry, but I really can't tell from your features pages whether or not this is possible. Is it? And if so, could I get at least a brief description of how you'd go about doing this with vBulletin? Also, which package would I need?

Thanks for any input!

There is no default setting/method to do what you want. (Also, I assume you mean usergroup, not social group.) You would need to use a modification to do what you want.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Could you perhaps tell me what modification I could use to do this?

Also, does it matter which package, or would this hypothetical modification work on any/all? Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ramona,

You can add custom profile field to ask questions. You can also create social groups to accommodate for likeminded people. In social groups members can post discussions and photos. Social groups list group members, so users can easily check out each others profiles.
        The only thing that vbulletin does not do, is automatically invite members to social groups based upon profile fields. This would be a relatively simple modification for a developer to create and I am pretty sure multiple people would be interested in the code. I have this code on my wanted functionality list.
        I buy 420 forums

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaRock View Post
          Could you perhaps tell me what modification I could use to do this?

Also, does it matter which package, or would this hypothetical modification work on any/all? Thanks!
          No, I do not even know if one exists. I just know you would need one. You may want to try a search over there because I have heard users talk about modifications that would do what you want but I don't know if they were ever made and/or uploaded over there.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X