Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesUS
    replied
    It is a very good idea, but does require a lot of reworking of the permissions system. It has a fair chance of being in v3, but no promises. If not, then there's nothing to stop a hack being made for it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Atilla the Pun
    Do the developers think it's a good idea?
    I try not to speak for the developers. They get mad when I do that!
    IOW are we likely to see this in version 3?
    And I try not to speak for Jelsoft on these matters. I leave it to the Devleopers to confirm, deny and drop hints about future features.

And on a related note, how hard is it to change the default behaviour of Quoting someone? I hate the quote being bold by default, everyone has already read it once, why make it stand out? The new content should have as much or more emphasis than the old. See how I've changed your quote from the default? I'd like to change the defaults to look like that. Is that possible?
    I agree but currently to change this behaviour requires hacking I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Atilla the Pun
    replied
    Originally posted by smachol
    Currently Members are limited to one user group at a time. This has been suggested before though and I think it's a very good idea.
    Do the developers think it's a good idea?

IOW are we likely to see this in version 3?

And on a related note, how hard is it to change the default behaviour of Quoting someone? I hate the quote being bold by default, everyone has already read it once, why make it stand out? The new content should have as much or more emphasis than the old. See how I've changed your quote from the default? I'd like to change the defaults to look like that. Is that possible?
    Thanks again!

AtP

Edit: Typos

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Currently Members are limited to one user group at a time. This has been suggested before though and I think it's a very good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Atilla the Pun
    started a topic Group Membership in vBulletin

Group Membership in vBulletin

Can a board member be a member of more than one group at a time? (Think Windows NT group/user management)

I am planning on a board where members from one physical organization would be allowed access to one forum, but no one else would. However I would like varying degrees of access to the rest of the board, both for the members of the organization and for everyone else.
    Thanks in advance!

AtP
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X