Why buying vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why buying vBulletin?

Hello all, I was wondering, why paying $195 when there is free alternatives?

There is support, but in what way is it better than what we have with let's say FluxBB?

I thought they were maybe less security problem; is this the case?

What directed you to a paying solution?
    Hoping this message doesn't sound like a troll...

Originally posted by Sinyse View Post
    Hello all, I was wondering, why paying $195 when there is free alternatives?

There is support, but in what way is it better than what we have with let's say FluxBB?

I thought they were maybe less security problem; is this the case?

Hoping this message doesn't sound like a troll...
    In my opinion, paid forums equal to professionalism. I know that I will get a solid product created and maintained by profossionals.

Comment

Ok so it's also about Trust, thank you for your answer borbole.

Comment

Ok so it's also about Trust, thank you for your answer borbole.
        No problem

Comment

I have been the route of the free forums, actually hated VB4 and converted to a free forum, that was a big mistake, If you just have a few members a free forum may suite you, I have over 30k members and I won't even consider using anything now but Vbulletin...

Also most everyone knows how to use vbulletin and that is a plus for activity.

Comment

Regardless of what software you choose, many people prefer paid software for the level of support they can recieve from it.

Comment

Originally posted by greenchicken View Post
              I have been the route of the free forums, actually hated VB4 and converted to a free forum, that was a big mistake, If you just have a few members a free forum may suite you, I have over 30k members and I won't even consider using anything now but Vbulletin...

Also most everyone knows how to use vbulletin and that is a plus for activity.
              Thank you for your answer, could you explain me why do you think vBulletin is more suitable for big boards?

Comment

Thank you for your answer, could you explain me why do you think vBulletin is more suitable for big boards?
                Support and available mods from Vbulletin.org , easy admin user face, timely security fixes just to name a few.
                PS , I don't know if it's any better or worse than other software when it comes to Big Boards. I just prefer it because if you are willing to search, there is an answer here for almost every problem you will have.

Comment

Years ago I started with free scripts then bought VB soon after because it was considered the leader in forum scripts at the time, took security seriously, and vb.org had awesome addons I wanted to use.

Today I still have my VB licenses but I don't use them all anymore. I use many other scripts, including forum scripts from competitors.

VB is still a solid forum script. I still love it for many reasons. But, it doesn't move fast enough with today's internet...IMHO. That's a personal opinion and the reason why I personally have wondered elsewhere for newer projects. I just don't get excited about VB anymore. Not that it's bad...it's not. But, it doesn't move forward enough for my projects' needs.
                  Archive: 1 ~ 2 ETC in the feedback forums that were closed.

Comment

And what needs do you have that vbulletin isn't fulfilling that other forum software is?

Originally posted by CallieJo View Post
                    Years ago I started with free scripts then bought VB soon after because it was considered the leader in forum scripts at the time, took security seriously, and vb.org had awesome addons I wanted to use.

Today I still have my VB licenses but I don't use them all anymore. I use many other scripts, including forum scripts from competitors.

VB is still a solid forum script. I still love it for many reasons. But, it doesn't move fast enough with today's internet...IMHO. That's a personal opinion and the reason why I personally have wondered elsewhere for newer projects. I just don't get excited about VB anymore. Not that it's bad...it's not. But, it doesn't move forward enough for my projects' needs.

Comment

Vbulletin is the best software in my opinion. Have you heard the saying, Free is the most expensive. The $195 investment comes along with so many added extras that is very worth the purchase. I am about to buy 2 more licenses. Let me know if you need any installation help also as I was able to get my board running on a VPS in about 1 hour.
                      Neil Ghuman | IT Manager
                      Motorcycle Forum Canada | Motorcycle Forum UK
                      Motorcycle Forum - Motorcycle Talk
                      Motorcycle Market | More Power Racing

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X