Question regarding simple mod. procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding simple mod. procedure

Hi guys, just a couple more detailed questions regarding modification of vBulletin.

I do not want the column that shows up the "hot folder icon" next to the Message Icons column.

I checked out the Admin panel demoed here:

http://vbulletin.com/admindemo/admin/

I was wondering if someone could walk me through editing a simple template to show how I could completely delete the column associated with the "Hot Folder Icons" for the sample forum in that demo? that'd be great

Argh someone changed the admin password on this demo forum or so it seems.

Comment

I've reset the demo, the password should be changed back.

As to your question, the point of that column is it allows users to see what posts are new since their last visit. I personally would not remove it...But to do it you would just edit the appropriate places in forumdisplay_threadslist and forumdisplaybit to remove the bits you don't want.

Comment

Well I just think that too many icons and urls make the forums confusing.

BTW I relogged into the admin panel but could not find any option where I could completely turn off "attachments" or this "attach file" thing below for users.

Where did I miss that optionin the panel?

Comment

That's part of User Groups/Forum Permissions.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X