vBulletin CMS Coexisting With Joomla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin CMS Coexisting With Joomla?

I'm the webmaster of a community site which currently uses Joomla for its CMS and phpBB for the forums. We definitely want to switch to vBulletin for the forum, but I've heard that the vBulletin CMS is limited compared to Joomla. My inclination is to continue to use Joomla, but we'd like to use the blog feature of the CMS and maybe the calendar. Is it possible to do that if we purchase the CMS/vBulletin package? Can they coexhist? If so, how should the install be done?

Thanks!

You can certainly disable the CMS and leave the Blog/Forum working. You would need a Joomla bridge to integrate then which we don't supply.

We have a live demo of vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite, including full access to the admin control panel. You can set one up for your own use from this page (The demo is active for 24 hours. If you feel you need more time, send an email to [email protected] with the DemoID and ask for an extension.):

https://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      You can certainly disable the CMS and leave the Blog/Forum working. You would need a Joomla bridge to integrate then which we don't supply.
      How would I do the installation if I have Joomla installed in the public_html directory and phpBB is in the /forums directory? I don't want the vBulletin installation to affect the current site with Joomla and the current forums.

Comment

Can anyone help with this? I don't need Joomla to integrate with vBulletin. I just want to be able to use Joomla for CMS and vBulletin for the forum and blogging. Currently, Joomla is installed in the main public_html folder and phpBB is installed in the /forum subfolder.

Comment

Just put VB in a folder called "forums".

Comment

Originally posted by nakedanvil View Post
            Just put VB in a folder called "forums".
            Thanks. That's exactly what I ended up doing once I took a look at the installation process. I was concerned that because of the CMS in the suite that it might want to be installed in the main public_html folder.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X