special additional field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special additional field

hi. i am about to purchase vbulletin, but i would need some infos about a special modification. i would need a field for every post, where the poster can but in a number( integer). in the first post at the top should always be an average value (calculated with a special formular) be displayed. how can this be realilzed? is there already a mod for this? is there a mod package that might be able to do this? if not, who can do such a small mod for? thank you conte

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

hi. thanks for the answer, but i cannot post in this forum because i havent bought vbulletin yet, and there is no sense in buying it if i can not get this mod done. any other suggestions? thanks conte

Comment

It can be done but it will require someone to custom write a plugin for this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

vBulletin is written in php. If you have a coder who does php, or you code yourself, then you can do what you want by modifying the code.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

thanks for the answers.

where is the best place to find a good vbulletin coder? how much time do you think such a mod would take to be programed?

thanks
            conte

Comment

You can try posting in the 'Requests for Paid Services' forum at vbulletin.org for help with this:

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can post in the pre-sales forum over on vbulletin.org for now and ask about coders and once you purchase a license, you may post in the Paid Requests forum.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

hi. i get this when i click on your link:
                  conte, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

-------------is that another forum?? its the same domain? when i click on presales i get in this forum.thanks conte

Comment

See post #8. You have to be a licensed customer to post in that forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X