Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions before buying Vbulletin

plan to buy Vbulletin, but got some questions want to ask in advance:

1. plan to add some flash pet game in the forum, need to count the online time and post threads numbers to add pet exp, so as ppl told me, need to reach the forum data to reach that purpose, is that possible with Vbulletin?

2. where can i find plugin for Vbulletin, take online chat plugin for example, r all plugin free?

3. if i buy one Vbulletin and band with one Domain name, can i change it to band to another one Domain name in the future?

4. also, if i put Vbulletin in one host, can i change host as well?

5. after i bought Vbulletin, which steps should i follow to activate it and band to my forum, and threads link to show that step by step?

waiting for ur answer, thx very much.

1. plan to add some flash pet game in the forum, need to count the online time and post threads numbers to add pet exp, so as ppl told me, need to reach the forum data to reach that purpose, is that possible with Vbulletin?
    technical support will tell this to you..

2. where can i find plugin for Vbulletin, take online chat plugin for example, r all plugin free?
    they all are available at vBulletin.org the vBulletin's official modification site

3. if i buy one Vbulletin and band with one Domain name, can i change it to band to another one Domain name in the future?
    at any time you can use vBulletin with a single domain and yes you can change it anytime..

its up to you rather to change the host or not vBulletin deals with the license they allow you if you abide by the TOS you can have anything otherwise your license may get revoked

5. after i bought Vbulletin, which steps should i follow to activate it and band to my forum, and threads link to show that step by step?
    its instant you just have to download your vBulletin script from the member's area and edit the license by entering your domain name you are using the board on..

Comment

Originally posted by w8baby View Post
      plan to buy Vbulletin, but got some questions want to ask in advance:

You should be able to do this with some modifications although in practice, I'm not sure how accurate the 'online time' will be particularly if they don't actually log out when they leave...

Most modifications are free although some will be premium modifications and have an associated cost. You can search over at our modification site www.vbulletin.org for these.

Yes, provided you only have one installation running at any one time, you can move domains as often as you like.

Yes.

Once you've bought a license, you can follow the installation instructions from here:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...nstall-Upgrade
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

the 'online time' means when he login in the forum, the time start counts, and stop counts after he leaves the forum, i know there is one plugin that can show ppl online, so that is like when show he is online, time start counts, i am not sure if it is possible to reach by using Vbulletin.

Comment

Hi, I am new in this forum. I just want to ask if there are demo available? I want to check before buying.

Comment

the 'online time' means when he login in the forum, the time start counts, and stop counts after he leaves the forum, i know there is one plugin that can show ppl online, so that is like when show he is online, time start counts, i am not sure if it is possible to reach by using Vbulletin.
            Yes, you could do this with a plugin however the accuracy may not be great. For example:

- you have the Session Timeout set to 30 minutes
            - user logs in, spends 5 mins online then leaves your site without logging out

The user will continue to show online for a further 25 minutes past when they left your site. The counter will reflect this...

Originally posted by jessica30 View Post
            Hi, I am new in this forum. I just want to ask if there are demo available? I want to check before buying.
            We have a live demo of vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite, including full access to the admin control panel. You can set one up for your own use from this page (The demo is active for 24 hours. If you feel you need more time, send an email to [email protected] with the DemoID and ask for an extension.):

https://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
            Vote for:

-

Comment

thanks for ur reply, and i ask the flash game maker, he told me that need to have the 'Synchronized interfaces' with the forum database, i am not sure if the word is correct, but for example, his program makes one guy in the forum game gain one item, then he can edit that date into the forum database, and after that guy used that item, the forum datebase will delete that item info in his account, like can put his program exchange data with forum datebase, is that allowed, or how to reach that requirement, i really need that function, thx very much.

Comment

and for www.vbulletin.org , login info is not the same in the forum??? only buyer can reach??

Comment

www.vbulletin.org is a separate forum and you will need to hold a vBulletin License to post and download from there.
                  Vote for:

-

Comment

thanks for ur reply, and i ask the flash game maker, he told me that need to have the 'Synchronized interfaces' with the forum database, i am not sure if the word is correct, but for example, his program makes one guy in the forum game gain one item, then he can edit that date into the forum database, and after that guy used that item, the forum datebase will delete that item info in his account, like can put his program exchange data with forum datebase, is that allowed, or how to reach that requirement, i really need that function, thx very much.
                    thx, how about this question, i will buy it today if it is not a problem

Comment

w8baby? Are you actually w8baby, and w8baby.com is nulled atm, or are you fake?

Comment

You make in profit $52,000 + every month, why do you "plan" on buying vBulletin?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypersophistication View Post
                          You make in profit $52,000 + every month, why do you "plan" on buying vBulletin?
                          what do u mean profit 52,000+ every month

Comment

can any admin or mods answer my questions, thx very much

Comment

I'm not sure what he means by 'Synchronized interfaces'. If you wish to integrate his software into vBulletin and he doesn't provide this already, you or he will need to do some custom coding to make this work. Please note we don't provide support for custom code
                              Vote for:

-

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X