Buying a vBulletin License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a vBulletin License

I am thinking of buying a vBulletin license, but am confused whether you have to pay for the license every year or whether the license doesn't need to be paid for again after you have bought it? Can someone give me the answer to this please

That depends on the license status. I suggest you send an email to [email protected] with the license number and we can look this up for you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's not a license I currently have it's one i'm thinking of buying.
      Think i've posted this in the wrong forum

Comment

Yes, I understand that. You should get the license number from the seller and follow my instructions, unless you like risking your money on a possible scam.

Please note that when you get a license from an unofficial source, you assume all risks, including the possibility that this license could be phony or charged back and revoked. You should read this article:

Read This Before Purchasing a Second-Hand License
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...d-Hand-License

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Criot View Post
          I am thinking of buying a vBulletin license, but am confused whether you have to pay for the license every year or whether the license doesn't need to be paid for again after you have bought it? Can someone give me the answer to this please
          You pay only once for vB4,you can use it forever .All future upgrades are free upto vB5.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Geez, it looks like I totally misread this. I thought he was referring to t second-hand license. My bad!

Beginning with vB4 there is no longer any expiration date or annual renewal on licenses. Once you purchase a license you will have the right to download and use all new versions of vB4 for life.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              Geez, it looks like I totally misread this. I thought he was referring to t second-hand license. My bad!

Beginning with vB4 there is no longer any expiration date or annual renewal on licenses. Once you purchase a license you will have the right to download and use all new versions of vB4 for life.
              Thanks for this answer, big help!

Comment

What is the benefit of buying the newer version? I am completely new to this, and needing some info on the best deal.....not wanting a delux package for a huge forum, but you never know....it could grow.

Comment

Originally posted by St0rmR1der View Post
                  What is the benefit of buying the newer version? I am completely new to this, and needing some info on the best deal.....not wanting a delux package for a huge forum, but you never know....it could grow.
                  There's only one version you can buy new, that is version 4.

As a part of version 4, you can choose the VB4 Publishing Suite or VB4 Forum. (See the differences here)

If you are just going to run a forum to begin with, then the VB4 Forum only package would be your best option. You can also upgrade to the Publishing Suite later, without reinstalling your forum.
                  To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X