• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Re: Thanks man !

Originally posted by antoineg
    Ok, everything is almost clear to me now !

Another thing, do you own a vB board ? So then you could tell me approximatively how many HD space you use for your database, and how many posts and members you have, so then, i'll have an idea !

thanks man !

antoine
    I administrate www.sitepointforums.com

10,200 members, 42,000 topics, 318,000 posts. We are currently using about 330 megabytes of database storage for the forums alone.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    have a look at this thread

http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=24134

they have discussed databases sizes extensively

Leave a comment:

• antoineg
    replied
    Thanks man !

Ok, everything is almost clear to me now !

Another thing, do you own a vB board ? So then you could tell me approximatively how many HD space you use for your database, and how many posts and members you have, so then, i'll have an idea !

thanks man !

antoine

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1) No... It is just missing a majority of the features.

2) The script itself takes up about 3-5 megabytes of space. This depends on the graphics you use. The messages are stored in your database. Sizes on the database depend on how active your forums are.

3) Correct. You can purchase access to upgrades for $30.00 a year after your first year.

4) It is delivered by Download

Leave a comment:

• antoineg
    started a topic Lite Version

Lite Version

Hey VBulletin !

Your forums just rocks and I'm actually thinking of purchasing one...but I have a few questions first:
    1- Does the LIte Version have an expiration time ?
    2- How many Hard Drive Space do I need to host the VBulletin forum? I guess it's the messages that takes all the HD space instead of the forum itself !
    3- If I take the Owned license (160$), (i want things to be clear in my head) i will have this forum (with no upgrades, except the first year) for life ?
    4- How do you deliver the forum after purchasing, on CD-ROM or by DOwnload ?

thanks in advance for all answers

Antoine
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X