Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is possible to use fb connect with windows server on IIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is possible to use fb connect with windows server on IIS?

Hi I got a question, what is needed (if possible) to use fb connect option with a windows server runing vbulletin on IIS?

There's no special requirement specifically for IIS.
    To be updated...

Comment

According to vBulletin faqs

In order to implement the Facebook OpenGraph API, your server must also have cURL with SSL support, or openSSL compiled into PHP in order for FB Connect to work. In the second case, cURL is not necessary. If you are having problems with the FB functions in vB, check your phpinfo to see if you have either cURL with SSL support or openSSL. If you have neither, you will need to recompile PHP with that support.

But doesn't says anything for IIS and windows

Comment

Originally posted by enb141 View Post
        According to vBulletin faqs

In order to implement the Facebook OpenGraph API, your server must also have cURL with SSL support, or openSSL compiled into PHP in order for FB Connect to work. In the second case, cURL is not necessary. If you are having problems with the FB functions in vB, check your phpinfo to see if you have either cURL with SSL support or openSSL. If you have neither, you will need to recompile PHP with that support.

But doesn't says anything for IIS and windows
        All of that is done in your php.ini file.

It's just a matter of un-commenting the relevant plugins.

This is not specific for Windows or Linux, no matter the OS, the PHP install has to have those items enabled.

So as long as PHP is configured properly on either Windows (IIS) or Linux, it will work flawlessly. I run 90% IIS (6 & 7.5) only sites and we have no problems with using Facebook Connect with properly configured PHP. (currently on 5.3.6)

Edit: One other point, at least for my servers, I run PHP 5.3.6 VC9 Non-Thread Safe binaries as obtained from PHP.NET.
        To be updated...

Comment

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that.

One more question.

Why Non-Thread safe instead of Thread safe?

Comment

Originally posted by enb141 View Post
            Thanks, I'm glad to hear that.

One more question.

Why Non-Thread safe instead of Thread safe?
            I use Non-Thread Safe in conjunction with FastCGI for IIS. Using the Non-Thread Safe version allows PHP to function as a more true CGI with FastCGI. If you're going to use the ISAPI method, then you can use the 'thread-safe' version. The benefit of using FastCGI with non-thread safe is the raw speed boost over the ISAPI method.

Search out the differences yourself in Thread Safe vs. Non-Thread Safe PHP related to IIS uses on Google.
            To be updated...

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice, I'll look around about it.

Comment