Editing the Navigation Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing the Navigation Bar

In regards to the Navigation Bar that shows "Home", "Forum", "Blogs", "What's New?".

I have created one of those demo testing forums just to check out VB and all in all everything seems great and straight forward, which makes this question a little ironic since I feel it is one of the easier things

I did search for a answer but honestly unless I am wording things wrong, every thread on the navigation either focused on manually coding or add ons.

Basically I want to edit the names of these sections, add more sections (with appropriate links).

So say for example, if I wanted to add a new section called "Wiki" with a link to "www.wikipedia.org" (please note this is an example and I dont actually want to add this specific section) and edit "Home" so it says "Main", how would I go about doing this.

All in all pretty much everything I want to do can be done, sadly not this

Regards

You'll need to post this in the correct support forum HERE.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

That section if for people who have purchased, I cant really purchase this knowing that this may end up being a major issue, it is kind of like buying a house I guess, need to know why the front door doesnt open, you arent going to buy then ask after how to open the door XD

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro_1234 View Post
        That section if for people who have purchased, I cant really purchase this knowing that this may end up being a major issue, it is kind of like buying a house I guess, need to know why the front door doesnt open, you arent going to buy then ask after how to open the door XD
        Well the issue is, you won't be able to get full instructions and support which leaves us in a bit of a hole.

What I *can* say is this....the vB navbar can be configured to show pretty much whatever you want (look at my site as an example). The issue is, I have to admit it's not wonderfully user friendly to do so. It involves various quite fiddly template edits to get where you want to be.

Over on the modification site, www.vbulletin.org, there's an articles section and there are several very useful articles on how to achieve this. There's also a modification that makes adding new tabs much simpler.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X