Profile view and Attachments questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile view and Attachments questions

Greetings. I am looking into buying vbulletin 4.0 forum (not the 4.0 suit as I don't require the CMS system) in the coming week or two but needed to know some info as I've had these problems on my current forums and hope vbulletin is better.

1: View all posts/threads by user in User Profile section.

Question: One of the main issues I have with my current boards is that it will show posts/threads the user has made even in private boards that shouldn't be viewable by those who don't have access, this causes a security issue as those who don't normally have access can see the posts and threads in boards they should not be seeing. Does vbulletin have this problem where the threads / posts a user makes show up in the list of posts threads that appear by clicking those links in their profile section?

2: Attachment allocated space.

Question: Is the space given by admin for users attachments able to be infinite? or can it be separate space for each user assigned? or for the users of each specific board? How is the allowed space allocated by the admin? same size for all? separate for selected users? or separate for selected boards?

I basically run private boards for my development team on my public forum which allows me to make groups and add to each private board only those I wish to be able to view it. Am I able to allocate higher or infinite space to my dev group users and a limitation to the normal members?

Hope to hear a response soon.

Thank you.

Both of those options are available using vB software via Forum / usergroup settings.
    <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X