X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe D.
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveDuff View Post
    I have a problem on a particular forum I belong to using VB 4.0.3. When logged in, I cannot view one particular sub-forum, it is marked under the 'last post' column as private. If I log off, I can see all the threads fine. Most of the other users there report no problem, but at least one other is having the same problem. The forum admins say they have checked all the setting, and everything looks ok, and cannot figure out the problem. I can find no other place for users to ask questions, the other topics I tried to post in said I had to be a paying customer. Any Ideas?
    It sounds like for this particular sub-forum the permissions are wrong.

Tell the Administrator to go to the Admin CP -> Forum Permissions

Look at the permissions for this sub-forum. Likely guests/not logged in users have access whereas your usergroup, whatever it might be, does not.

It's also possible the Admin has installed a mod that in incorrectly setup... Or possible he just doesn't want you in the forum and is lying to you. Can't know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    As a user you can not do much to alleviate the problem, it is up to the Administrator.

Leave a comment:

• DaveDuff
    started a topic Question from user, not host

Question from user, not host

I have a problem on a particular forum I belong to using VB 4.0.3. When logged in, I cannot view one particular sub-forum, it is marked under the 'last post' column as private. If I log off, I can see all the threads fine. Most of the other users there report no problem, but at least one other is having the same problem. The forum admins say they have checked all the setting, and everything looks ok, and cannot figure out the problem. I can find no other place for users to ask questions, the other topics I tried to post in said I had to be a paying customer. Any Ideas?