Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could We Install 4.1.4 "WITHOUT" the New Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could We Install 4.1.4 "WITHOUT" the New Editor?

I like the old editor much better, the new one looks pretty big & bunky.. is possible to install 4.1.4 without updating to this new editor?

It's called 4.1.3
    environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
    Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

Comment

Originally posted by netblix View Post
      I like the old editor much better, the new one looks pretty big & bunky.. is possible to install 4.1.4 without updating to this new editor?
      I like new editor, CKEditor very nick, and more feature, why do you dislike it ?

Comment

I'm going to cry now

Comment

If it's too big it can be resized, though as far as I can see it's much the same size as the old one.

The buttons are chunkier but these can also be restyled.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

If you decide you're not going to update to 4.1.4 because you don't like the new editor then you're effectively going to have to stay on 4.1.3 at the most for the rest of the vB4 series as that's the editor of choice now. By sticking with the old editor, you're also denying any Safari and Chrome users the ability to use WYSIWYG functionality within the editor.

If you don't like the look, style it to your needs.
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I just don't get when people say they don't like the looks of it?

The QR is almost identical and the only annoying bit of the advanced editor is I think once you start adding bigger "normal" sized smilies it might look a bit of a mess on the right.

Sure it COULD be a little darker as it's somewhat blending into the white background too much but hopefully we will be able to change that? do we have any confirmation we will be able to yet?

Comment

Originally posted by zelnik View Post
                I just don't get when people say they don't like the looks of it?

The QR is almost identical and the only annoying bit of the advanced editor is I think once you start adding bigger "normal" sized smilies it might look a bit of a mess on the right.

Sure it COULD be a little darker as it's somewhat blending into the white background too much but hopefully we will be able to change that? do we have any confirmation we will be able to yet?
                You can customize the "look" of the new editor simply by editing css (the editor css template)

Comment

just kidding

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X