Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Just upgrade normally. Please follow the upgrade documentation here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade/

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    @Steve well he is then also upgrading from v3.8 to v4..

So you will need to take a backup of existing files and database just in case anything goes wrong and then if you have any addons I would go in and disable them via AdminCP then download v4 from vbulletin members area and follow the installation instructions to upgrade.......... Once installed you can go back in and turn your addons back on I would do one at a time and make sure they still work... since the uploading of new v4 files may have overwritten some addon files and you may have to reinstall them again.......

Leave a comment:

• BMR
    replied
    Yes I have access to the web hosting account. Thanks for the info sounds easy enough, which is good cause I thought it was going to be way more complicated.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You don't have to do anything other than purchase the license and enter the correct forum URL, assuming you have access to the web hosting account this is on.

Leave a comment:

• BMR
    replied
    Will it be just a normal install, or will I have to backup and reinstall the old db?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, you can purchase a new license and use it for that site.

Leave a comment:

• BMR
    started a topic I've Got A Problem?

I've Got A Problem?

So I own a forum, and where currently using vb 3.8. Problem is the license belongs to a friend who came on as a partner for the site, who I haven't heard from in months. The domain and databses are mine, and basically what I want to do is get my own VB 4 license so I can actually do stuff with the site again. So my question, is it possible to purchase a new license and switch it over to my domain? If so will I loose all my member and posts/thread info since I'm switching versions?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X