Good day vBulletin Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day vBulletin Community

Before starting this thread, I wanna say hello to all the viewers of this thread. I'm aware of the fact, that it is a SPAM wannabe topic, but I just wanted to talk with a few members, maybe to receive some small tips on where should I start learning more about vBulletin, why to purchase it and everything related.

In the first place, I am not a vBulletin user(yet), but I am willing to purchase in the future nearby. To avoid starting threads in all of the other sections, whom I do not know yet, I'm willing to ask here, a few questions, if possible. With that being said, the questions are presented down below:

• If I am purchasing a vBulletin licenses, do I have to purchase a license per year, to receive updates and so on?
    • Can I convert from phpBB to vBulletin? Or, do you recommend a better FREE platform, to convert from?
    • All the vBulletin plugins/addons can be found on the official website? Are they free or do they cost?
    • Could you please tell me, why did you chose to buy vBulletin?

That would be all my questions for now. If I have more, I'll make sure to edit this post. Oh and also, if I posted in the wrong section, I apologize. Maybe a moderator, can move it to the right place.

I'm looking forward to hear more from you. Thanks for taking in your time in reading/replying to this topic and the main reason for creating it, is that I want to be fully informed before a purchase.

Greetings from Romania,
    Ferdilicious

Moved to Pre-Sales...

Originally posted by Ferdilicious View Post
    • If I am purchasing a vBulletin licenses, do I have to purchase a license per year, to receive updates and so on?
    • Can I convert from phpBB to vBulletin? Or, do you recommend a better FREE platform, to convert from?
    • All the vBulletin plugins/addons can be found on the official website? Are they free or do they cost?
    • Could you please tell me, why did you chose to buy vBulletin?

- vBulletin 4 licenses are lifetime licenses. There are no renewals - you will have access to download all future versions of vB4
    - Yes, we provide an Import tool to move the following from phpBB3:

• Import usergroup
    • Import user
    • Import forum
    • Import thread
    • Import smilie
    • Import post
    • Import Private messages
    • Import attachment
    • Import moderator

- Most plugins can be found on our official customisation site, www.vbulletin.org. The majority are free however some may be 'lite' versions of paid modifications

We have a live demo of vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite, including full access to the admin control panel. You can set one up for your own use from this page (The demo is active for 24 hours. If you feel you need more time, send an email to [email protected] with the DemoID and ask for an extension.):

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      Moved to Pre-Sales...

- vBulletin 4 licenses are lifetime licenses. There are no renewals - you will have access to download all future versions of vB4
      - Yes, we provide an Import tool to move the following from phpBB3:

• Import usergroup
      • Import user
      • Import forum
      • Import thread
      • Import smilie
      • Import post
      • Import Private messages
      • Import attachment
      • Import moderator

- Most plugins can be found on our official customisation site, www.vbulletin.org. The majority are free however some may be 'lite' versions of paid modifications

We have a live demo of vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite, including full access to the admin control panel. You can set one up for your own use from this page (The demo is active for 24 hours. If you feel you need more time, send an email to [email protected] with the DemoID and ask for an extension.):

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
      Thank you for replying so fast. I'll make sure to learn more about the vBulletin suite.

Comment

how to make new post ? i wanna make new psot but cant T_T

Comment

You just did.

Comment

I have another question regarding the vBulletin software. When I am entering my profile, the colors are random, and it looks very ugly. Can you explain what's going on there?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	fail.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	3681878

Later edit:
            I tried to switch from the Customization Panel, I save, but it remains like in the image, after the refresh.
            Last edited by Ferdilicious; Sat 9 Apr '11, 3:23am.

Comment

You should ask this in the proper support forum to be sure that you are a licensed customer.

Comment

thank u

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X