Duplicate complete VB4 site to another domain with new license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate complete VB4 site to another domain with new license

Purchased VB4 and spent a bit of time getting it up and running to my liking on domain A.

Looking to setup a new site on domain B, also running VB4. What I wish to do is replicate my setup from domain A exactly and customise for domain B. Will of course buy a new license.

Sure this must've been done before but searched failed to turn up the info. Perhaps someone from VB can advise as to the best way to go about this

Copy the database from A to B. Then delete the threads/posts.

This is kind of a mixed Pre-Sales question and Support question, so maybe post under Support before the "You do not have a license" police show up.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
      Copy the database from A to B. Then delete the threads/posts.

This is kind of a mixed Pre-Sales question and Support question, so maybe post under Support before the "You do not have a license" police show up.
      Yes, can see how I might duplicate it. More how to update domain B with a new lic.

Comment

You simply upload the new files you download from the members area to site b

Also be sure to update the urls in the admincp fot site b
        UniteTheCows - File Sharing & Digital Media Resource

Comment

The vBulletin files themselves contain the license. When you're ready, just replace the site b files with your new license download. You don't do any kind of "install", just swap out the files from license A to license B.

Note there are restrictions on how you may have a 2nd installation of your vbulletin license. It's supposed to be in a folder called test_vb, etc. At the very least, site b should be password protected and NOT publicly accessible until you have procured your second license and uploaded the files.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X