Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between the mobile style that comes with 4.1 and the new one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
    What are you asking in here, I don't understand. The free style included in the release will function on all sections of 4.1.5 and the premium will add a bunch of cool moderation/administration controls.
    Does that include social groups?

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12592
    I buy 420 forums

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
      Does that include social groups?

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12592
      Social Group read/write functionality is not supported with the mobile style. The initial complete release of the mobile lite style is centric around the core of vBulletin's features - Forum/CMS/Blogs. Other features and functionality will be prioritized and potentially added in the follow up updates. Thanks Alfa, sorry to disappoint you!
      anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
      Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
      Please be my friend!
      http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
      vBulletin Performance Articles:
      Click here to read

Comment

Social Group read/write functionality is not supported with the mobile style. The initial complete release of the mobile lite style is centric around the core of vBulletin's features - Forum/CMS/Blogs. Other features and functionality will be prioritized and potentially added in the follow up updates. Thanks Alfa, sorry to disappoint you!
        The mobile style was actually the first reason I see to update to vb4. But as it doesn't cover all content types, its a little disappointing. I really dont see how social groups are not in the core of vbulletins features. Like blog its not the most used content type, but it is one of vbulletins content types.

What use is a style if it doesn't work on the whole site?
        I buy 420 forums

Comment

Will the mobile style show visitor messages?

Or calendar entries?

If not, then will the mobile style be completed within the 4.1.X releases?
          I buy 420 forums

Comment

Will the mobile style show visitor messages?

Or calendar entries?

If not, then will the mobile style be completed within the 4.1.X releases?
            Yes, the mobile style reads & writes visitor messages; calendar is not supported.
            Please be my friend!
            Click here to read

Comment

So will social groups and calendar be added to the mobile skin within the 4.1.x releases?
              I buy 420 forums

Comment

So will social groups and calendar be added to the mobile skin within the 4.1.x releases?
                It is very possible that they will not. The mobile product is designed with a condensed feature-set centric around intuitive interaction with the forum, cms, blogs and moderation. It is not meant to 100% replicate the full application experience.
                Please be my friend!
                Click here to read

Comment

So sites that managed to get active group discussion seem to be simply out of luck.

It may be meant to be like that from IBs point of view, but from the customers point of view, its still a style that does not fully work.
                  And that also goes for the cool moderation functions that do not work on social groups. So moderators need to switch to another style to moderate. Until we can use the style for groups, and moderate all content with the premium mobile style, I do not see the use of spending money on the premium mobile style.
                  I buy 420 forums

Comment

I don't think ib ever 'got' social groups tbh. Interesting that they are the nbt on fb.

Comment

Yes, the mobile style reads & writes visitor messages; calendar is not supported.
                      The calendar has been a "core" part of vBulletin long before blogs and even longer than the CMS.
                      Last edited by slinky; Mon 27 Jun '11, 6:26pm.
                      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X