Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between the mobile style that comes with 4.1 and the new one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between the mobile style that comes with 4.1 and the new one?

What's the difference between the mobile style that comes with 4.1.2 and the new one?

I was under the impression that vb 4.1.2 has a mobile style that's free. However, now I'm reading that there's also a paid version?

What's the difference between the two?

Moderator features are part of the mobile suite style.

Comment

So that's the only significant difference between the free one in 4.1.2. and the other one that costs several hundred dollars?

Comment

You also are getting 2 mobile apps for two different platforms.

Comment

This is not up-to-date (we are waiting on finalizing some details), but you can read this for more info about the Mobile Suite:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...n-Mobile-Suite

In short, the Suite is an App for iPhone and Android devices. The Mobile style is just a style.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Will the mobile style work for Iphones, Blackberries, and Androids? If so, why would someone opt for the paid version?

Comment

Clarification:

Free Mobile Lite Style: Feature rich, style with CMS/BLOG/FORUMS (no moderation capability) (going to be released very very soon)
              Premium Mobile Style: Same as FREE but will include really sweet moderation interface for CMS/BLOG/FORUMS
              anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
              Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
              Please be my friend!
              http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
              vBulletin Performance Articles:
              Click here to read

Comment

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
                (going to be released very very soon)
                This is great news! Thanks for the update.

Comment

News?

Any news on the mobile application it's been over two weeks now... may I suggest you update the thread even if it's to tell us theirs a hitch your working through and to let us know what your doing about it...

It's silly to not keep your customers informed especially as we know it's a business issue and not a technical one.

Comment

Clarification:

Premium Mobile Style: Same as FREE but will include really sweet moderation interface for CMS/BLOG/FORUMS
                    Uh I want this! hope it will be released soon

Comment

Tapatalk just added moderation.

Comment

update?

Tapatalk doesn't work with my CMS. So im counting on vB to pull through on this one. Any update?

Comment

Clarification:

Free Mobile Lite Style: Feature rich, style with CMS/BLOG/FORUMS (no moderation capability) (going to be released very very soon)
                          So a paid mobile style that still doesn't work on a part of vbulletin?

I dont think I will ever be willing to buy anything malfunctioning from IB again. To me a style that does not function on all vbulletin content types is malfunctioning.
                          Last edited by Alfa1; Mon 27 Jun '11, 12:06pm. Reason: added a lost character
                          I buy 420 forums

Comment

The "paid" mobile style is part of the Mobile Suite, it only includes moderation features.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
                              So a paid mobile style that still doesn't work on part of vbulletin?

I dont think I will ever be willing to buy anything malfunctioning from IB again. To me a style that does not function on all vbulletin content types is malfunctioning.
                              What are you asking in here, I don't understand. The free style included in the release will function on all sections of 4.1.5 and the premium will add a bunch of cool moderation/administration controls.
                              anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
                              Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
                              Please be my friend!
                              http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
                              vBulletin Performance Articles:
                              Click here to read

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X