X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Skimlinks even work?

It doesnt work in 4.12

How did you test it to definitively conclude that it is not functioning correctly?
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
      How did you test it to definitively conclude that it is not functioning correctly?
      I set it all up. Then I created some new threads used words like iPad and stero and newegg
      and then I logged out and tried to look at the thread ... I dont see any links and I dont see any words highlighted.

Is there a way to test this?

I also dont see any clicks on the skimlinks site

Comment

Originally posted by tommac12 View Post
        I set it all up. Then I created some new threads used words like iPad and stero and newegg
        and then I logged out and tried to look at the thread ... I dont see any links and I dont see any words highlighted.

Is there a way to test this?
        Hi Tommac12
        If you are using SkimWords Premier, it can take a little time to index your site to target keywords. Pages with more traffic get indexed faster. However, you could test that it is working by switching to SkimWords Lite: it operates in a different way so you will see NewEgg turned into a link (SkimWords Lite just looks for unambiguous merchant names and domains written as text, and converts them to merchant links).
        Switch back to SkimWords Premier and if in a day you don't see links on your page, then email support and we'll investigate. Words like NewEgg and amazon.com for example will definitely work.
        Hope that helps, and sorry you didn't have a perfectly smooth experience!
        Alicia

Comment

OK thanks .. I will give that a shot. I get quite a bit of traffic to my site and it has been turned on for over a day. Will try and post back

Originally posted by Skimlinks View Post
          Hi Tommac12
          If you are using SkimWords Premier, it can take a little time to index your site to target keywords. Pages with more traffic get indexed faster. However, you could test that it is working by switching to SkimWords Lite: it operates in a different way so you will see NewEgg turned into a link (SkimWords Lite just looks for unambiguous merchant names and domains written as text, and converts them to merchant links).
          Switch back to SkimWords Premier and if in a day you don't see links on your page, then email support and we'll investigate. Words like NewEgg and amazon.com for example will definitely work.
          Hope that helps, and sorry you didn't have a perfectly smooth experience!
          Alicia

Comment

lite doesnt work.

Comment

Hey Tommac12,

We've investigated your account, and we can see that Skimwords Lite appears to be up and working - say, if you search for ebay.com in one of your threads, you'll see it has been turned into a link. When you hover over, you should see 'Shopping link added by Skimlinks'?

If you're still unsure as to whether it's working, or it's not working the way you expected it would, please, email me directly hannahATskimlinksDOTcom and I can make sure we clear things up for you immediately.

Thanks!
              Hannah @ Skimlinks

Comment

Does not work.

The following dependencies were not met:
                1. This product is not compatible with version 4.1.3 of vBulletin. (Compatible starting with 3.6.0 / Incompatible with 4.1.3 and greater)
                www.8thos.com

Comment