Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.x - 3 months Maintenance Pack

I have vBulletin 3.6.8 Patch Level 2.

If I order "3.x - 3 months Maintenance Pack" what versions of vBulletin will I be able to download?

Thanks!

3.6.x 3.7.x 3.8.x and 4.x.x until it expires.

Comment

Thanks.

In my case, I want version 4.1.2

Just to confirm again, if I purchase "3.x - 3 months Maintenance Pack", I will be able to upgrade my existing 3.6.8 forum to 4.1.2 and any newer 4.x versions released for up to 3 months? What happens after that?

What would be different if I purchase "Upgrade to vBulletin 4.x Forum"?

Comment

If you really want to run vB4, please upgrade to a vB4 license. After 3 months you will not get any more updates, and if you want another update, you'd have to pay the full price again.

Comment

Originally posted by smsmasters View Post
          Thanks.

In my case, I want version 4.1.2

Just to confirm again, if I purchase "3.x - 3 months Maintenance Pack", I will be able to upgrade my existing 3.6.8 forum to 4.1.2 and any newer 4.x versions released for up to 3 months? What happens after that?

What would be different if I purchase "Upgrade to vBulletin 4.x Forum"?
          This is a BAD idea. If you really want 4.x, you should just buy 4.x now.

Lets say you do this, you upgrade to 4.1.2 now, maybe 4.1.4 by the time it expires.

6 months from now vBulletin is on 4.2.2 and a security exploit is found in the entire 4.x series.

They aren't going to update 4.1.4, they are going to patch the most recent release.

Now you'll be vulnerable to a known security exploit unless you shell out the full price for the upgrade.

Now you'll have paid $50 more than everyone else for the same thing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X