Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from Invision to VBulletin

Good evening ladies and Gents.

I took the plunge a while back and purchased a VBulletin board. Prior to purchasing this I ran and still run quite a large Invision Free board.

I would like to ask a couple of questions about converting to VBulletin - I apologise in advance if these questions have been asked before.

Invision have given me a quote for the Conversion Data. Although a fair bit of money, if it's what I need, then so be it. They have told me the Data will be made available in IPB 1.3 format. Is this a format which VBulletin will accept and the data can be easily imported?

The second question is how should the VBulletin forum look prior to the data arriving? Does it need to be a 100% clean board and the data all comes over, or do I need to set up the individual sections and the data is imported into the sections (forums)?

This is going to be a little beyond me, but at least if I know what needs to happen in advance then I can do some of the work myself meaning the person who does the conversion can be bought as inexpensively as possible.

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Yes, he have an importer for that version but please note that it is Tier 3, which means that it is no longer supported or updated:

Invision Power Board
    Tier = 3
    Source version support in ImpEx = 1.3
    • Import usergroup
    • Import user
    • Import forum
    • Import thread
    • Import post
    • Import poll
    • Import Private messages
    • Import banlist
    • Import moderator
    • Import attachment
    • Import Attachments

If would be easier (but not necessary) to import the data into a newly installed vB forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Steve,

The fact it is no longer supported or updated, how is that likely to affect me and my forum please? Also is the conversion a service VBulletin can provide if I purchase the data from Invision, or do I need to find someone else to carry it out?

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Comment

It means it should work, but if there are issues we may not be able to help. Also we do not have an import service at this time.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for your help. No doubt I will have more questions further down the road.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X