• Show
Clear All

• okwhatnow
    replied
    Thanks again Trevor.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    No, you can send them to specific primary usergroups, secondary usergroups or individuals based on a number of different criteria:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/users_send_email

Leave a comment:

• okwhatnow
    replied
    Thanks Trevor. Can these emails be send to specific groups, or does it have to be all or nothing?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You can't push a thread out but there is a 'Send email to users' function within the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• okwhatnow
    replied
    Fair point. I probably should have said that it would be limited to moderators.

That being said, is there a way for moderators to something like this. I.E. Send and email, which would also be posted as a forum thread/announcement?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Originally posted by okwhatnow View Post
    Hi

We are looking to upgrade from SMF. But there are a couple of key features that we require.

1. Is it possible to disable personal messages for all users? We don't want members to communicate privately.

2. Is it possible to start a new thread and have that thread sent as an announcement to all (or specific member groups) as an email? In SMF forum you would do this by starting a thread and checking a box to 'send this as an announcement'.

Or is there a similar feature?

Thanks.
    This made it sound like when anyone starts a thread they just check the box and email goes out to everyone. Slightly different than a "newsletter" or welcome letter. I was just trying to understand it better.

Leave a comment:

• okwhatnow
    replied
    'Unsolicited email'? 'Spam?'.

Do you never send newsletter emails to your registered members? The ones who opted in when they voluntarily signed up to your forum? I get these regularly - including when it is time to make an update to my forum installation. Is that spam also?

All this feature does is enable admins/moderators to send an email pointing towards an important thread on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    You can turn off PM's.

Haven't seen a "feature" like that. I can't imagine that sort of "push". My members would turn off their email fast. That sort of unsolicited email is akin to spam in my book.

Leave a comment:

• okwhatnow
    started a topic A couple of feature questions

A couple of feature questions

Hi

We are looking to upgrade from SMF. But there are a couple of key features that we require.

1. Is it possible to disable personal messages for all users? We don't want members to communicate privately.

2. Is it possible to start a new thread and have that thread sent as an announcement to all (or specific member groups) as an email? In SMF forum you would do this by starting a thread and checking a box to 'send this as an announcement'.

Or is there a similar feature?

Thanks.
Working...
X