Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few newbi questions..

Hi,

I have an idea for an online forum that I would like to create.
    However I am not sure if I am embarking on something that is out of my depth.

I create websites with 'Rapidweaver' and 'Coffecup' but I do not have any knowledge of HTML or CSS.. will I need this to be able to create a forum with VBull..?

I have read the requirements for VB but i still dont really understand them could someone plz suggest a few OS packages that are popular..? (Right now I am using surftown.com for my websites)

Is it difficult to set up/design and maintain a VB forum...?
    Do you need any special design/IT skills or can anyone do it..?

Kind Regards

Dreadas

You won't NEED HTML or CSS knowledge/experience but it would be an advantage. You could get away with running the forum in it's default look/feel or use the built in Style Generator to create you own colours on the style. If you wish to do anything more, you would need to have at least some basic knowledge.

vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 5.2) and MySQL (minimum 4.1.0) installed. As long as your host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software. You may want to check this with them if you don't understand this.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X