3 part import. Is it possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 part import. Is it possible

Hello, I am looking to purchase vbulletin for a site project that I have been working on for some time now and have some questions about importing existing content.

I need to import posts from a wordpress installation on my old server and a simple machines forum from the same server.

I also need to import a second simple machines forum from a second server, merging the two into one large forum.

During this process it is obviously important that I be able to keep as much information, and images, as possible. Can it be done? If so can these be copied from their existing servers, or would they need to be copied to the new server first, then imported into vbulletin.

I am new to vbulletin, and have never used it before, so I have no idea what to expect. I have read through some of the forum here and some of the manual information, but I am still unclear as to weather or not these specific questions have been answered as of yet.

Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

Anything is possible when you're talking about imports, but I assume you want to stay way from coding custom scripts and stick with ImpEx.

It is possible to migrate SMF to vB using ImpEx, and I see no problems doing this twice, one import after another. However, I've had problems in the past with importing avatars from SMF, and eventually had to code my own script for it. It really depends on which version you're using.

I've always had the import source and target forum DBs on the same server, but I see no problem in doing this remotely.

I have no clue about wordpress. Anyone else?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X