Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we edit templates at vBulletin 4.0 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we edit templates at vBulletin 4.0 ?

I have heard that there are no vbulletin templates files in vbulletin v 4.0 + , So we cannot edit and customize template files and so vbulletin forum directly using customized HTML/PHP code?

Is it true?

Let me know

Thanks

You can edit templates, php files and plugins in exactly the same way as you could in vB3.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark B.
      But in which folder templates files are located, My one friend has vbulletin 4 installed on his server and there is no specific folder for template files.
      Suppose in case we have to customize thread page , there is thread.php file at root folder but no template file matching for thread.php in any directory.

Comment

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by ninadbe View Post
          Thanks Mark B.
          But in which folder templates files are located, My one friend has vbulletin 4 installed on his server and there is no specific folder for template files.
          Suppose in case we have to customize thread page , there is thread.php file at root folder but no template file matching for thread.php in any directory.
          You can most definitely edit the templates... but I guess the where and how is classified until you buy a license.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
            You can most definitely edit the templates... but I guess the where and how is classified until you buy a license.
            Yes and I should be more careful on answering threads before looking at what forum they are in.

Comment

Oh come on! This isn't a valid pre-sale question? Sheesh!

In the Admin Control Panel you have access to all of the template so you don't need to do it serverside. Everything in VB is template driven and easily modified.

This is some kind of secret?

Comment

I agree. This really is no secret...

You can search for and edit templates from within the admincp. All templates are stored and served from the DB with the exception of some css templates, which you have the option of serving from the file system.

Comment

Maybe. But asking "in which folder are the template files located" is NOT a valid pre sales question. It is obvious this is someone without a license trying to get support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X